Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, Morningside Road Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Edinburgh, Morningside Road Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Morningside Station

Canmore ID 140001

Site Number NT27SW 1562

NGR NT 2446 7094

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/140001

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Archaeology Notes

NT27SW 1562 2446 7094

This intermediate station on the Niddrie-Slateford ('Edinburgh suburban') line of the former North British Rly was opened (as Morningside Station) by the Edinburgh Suburban and Southside Junction Rly on 1 December 1884. It was renamed Morningside Road Station by the North British Rly in October 1886 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 10 September 1962. The line itself remains in regular goods and occasional passenger use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 February 1999.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions