Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, Abbeyhill Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Edinburgh, Abbeyhill Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 134393

Site Number NT27SE 2851

NGR NT 27207 74407

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/134393

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Archaeology Notes

NT27SE 2851 27207 74407

This intermediate station on the Leith branch of the former North British Rly was opened on 1 May 1869 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 7 September 1964. The line itself remains in regular goods and occasional passenger use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 February 1999.

R V J Butt 1995.

Line is now disused and severed at Abbeyhill Junction to the S.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions