Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We have updated our mapping software and are trying out some new background mapping layers. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.

Tyndrum Lower Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Tyndrum Lower Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Tyndrum Station

Canmore ID 128843

Site Number NN33SW 13

NGR NN 32721 30169

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Stirling
  • Parish Killin
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Stirling
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN33SW 13 32721 30169

Tyndrum Lower Station [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1971.

This station is now an unstaffed halt. The passing loop and the down platform have been removed and the up platform has a small shelter. [This works makes no apparent differentiation between this station and the predecessor NN32NW 18].

C E J Fryer 1989.

This intermediate station on the Callander-Crianlarich-Oban line of the (former) Caledonian Rly was opened (as Tyndrum Station) on 1 May 1877, replacing the predecessor station (NN32NW 18) 275m to the SE. It was renamed Tyndrum Lower Station on 28 February 1953, and remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

R V J Butt 1995.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions