Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 776606

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NN33SW 13 32721 30169

Tyndrum Lower Station [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1971.

This station is now an unstaffed halt. The passing loop and the down platform have been removed and the up platform has a small shelter. [This works makes no apparent differentiation between this station and the predecessor NN32NW 18].

C E J Fryer 1989.

This intermediate station on the Callander-Crianlarich-Oban line of the (former) Caledonian Rly was opened (as Tyndrum Station) on 1 May 1877, replacing the predecessor station (NN32NW 18) 275m to the SE. It was renamed Tyndrum Lower Station on 28 February 1953, and remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

R V J Butt 1995.

People and Organisations