Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Achanalt Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Achanalt Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 128047

Site Number NH26SE 17

NGR NH 2602 6149

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/128047

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Contin
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Archaeology Notes

NH26SE 17 2602 6149

For Station House (NH 2602 6150), see NH26SE 15.

This intermediate station on the Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh line of the former Highland Rly was opened by the Dingwall and Skye Rly on 19 August 1870. The original building (a wooden shed) was destroyed by fire on 5 December 1889 and its more permament successor (the Station House) is now a private residence (NH26SE 15). The station remains in regular passenger use, its sole building being a shed formed of concrete blocks.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 13 June 2001.

B Williams 1988; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions