Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 774136

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NH26SE 17 2602 6149

For Station House (NH 2602 6150), see NH26SE 15.

This intermediate station on the Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh line of the former Highland Rly was opened by the Dingwall and Skye Rly on 19 August 1870. The original building (a wooden shed) was destroyed by fire on 5 December 1889 and its more permament successor (the Station House) is now a private residence (NH26SE 15). The station remains in regular passenger use, its sole building being a shed formed of concrete blocks.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 13 June 2001.

B Williams 1988; R V J Butt 1995.

People and Organisations