Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Milngavie, Fulton Road, Milngavie Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Milngavie, Fulton Road, Milngavie Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Woodburn Way; Station Road; Milngavie Railway Station

Canmore ID 122373

Site Number NS57SE 39

NGR NS 55545 74443

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/122373

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Dunbartonshire
  • Parish New Kilpatrick (Bearsden And Milngavie)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Bearsden And Milngavie
  • Former County Dunbartonshire

Archaeology Notes

NS57SE 39 5555 7443

For Bennie Railplane (between Mingavie and Hillfoot stations), see NS57SE 101.

Sta [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1993.

(Location cited as NS 556 743). Milngavie Station, opened 1863 by the North British Rly. A three-platform terminal station, with offices in a single-storey, seven-bay rubble building, extended by a 12-bay steel-framed glazed awning supported by cast-iron columns. There is a rubble goods shed and on the island platform, a small wooden shelter.

J R Hume 1976.

This terminal station on the Milngavie branch of the Glasgow suburban system was opened on 28 August 1863 by the Glasgow and Milngavie Junction Rly, which was subsequently incorporated into the North British Rly. It remains in regular passenger use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 22 October 1997.

R V J Butt 1995.

Following completion of the renovation of Milngavie railway station, in July/August 1998, RCAHMS conducted a photographic survey of the same. The purpose of which was to enhance and augment the existing holdings of the National Monuments Record Scotland.

Visited by RCAHMS (MKO), May 1998.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions