Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

West Kilbride Railway Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name West Kilbride Railway Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 111508

Site Number NS24NW 62

NGR NS 20872 48441

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/111508

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council North Ayrshire
  • Parish West Kilbride
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Cunninghame
  • Former County Ayrshire

Architecture Notes

NS24NW 62 2087 4844

West Kilbride Railway Station

Located at NS209485 by Hume. This was opened in 1878 by the Glasgow and South Western Railway and rebuilt about 1900. This two platform station has a single-storey, stone and harl main block with a gabled porch. There is a glazed awning on the platform side. A plate girder covered footbridge links the platforms.

JR Hume 1976

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions