Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Belvedere House

Date Stone (17th Century), House (19th Century)

Site Name Belvedere House

Classification Date Stone (17th Century), House (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Belvidere House; Luncarty; Railway House

Canmore ID 101376

Site Number NO02NE 118

NGR NO 09292 28163

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/101376

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Redgorton
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NO02NE 118 09292 28163

(Location cited as NO 093 282). Luncarty Station. Opened 1848 by the Scottish Midland Junction Rly. The main building, on the down side, is a 2-storey and basement building with low-pitched hipped roof. Incorporated into the rear wall, there are three datestones, two of them (dated 1601 and 1627) being from the 17th century.

J R Hume 1977.

This building is Listed (by HBM) as Belvedere House, and its name is also cited (in the NMRS) as Belvidere House. Although Hume's description of this building (cited above) is correct, his equation of it with Luncarty Station is erroneous. Luncarty Station (NO02NE 162) is at NO 0938 2947, 1.3km to the north.

Belvedere House was, however, evidently of railway origin.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM, AKK), 2 May 2000.

NMRS, PT/5130-1.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions