Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

Inverfarigaig Pier

Pier (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Inverfarigaig Pier

Classification Pier (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Loch Ness

Canmore ID 100770

Site Number NH52SW 14

NGR NH 51718 23676

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Boleskine And Abertarff
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NH52SW 14 51718 23686

Inverfarigaig Pier [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1976.

(Location cited as NH 518 237). Pier, Inverfarigaig, early 19th century, engineer Thomas Telford. A small massive-rubble pier, extended in concrete, and in rubble contained in metal piles.

J R Hume 1977.

This pier is situated on the SE shore of Loch Ness about 300m SW of the mouth of the River Farigaig. It is served by a track or unclassified public road.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 18 December 2000.

As parts of this pier were collasping, RCAHMS carried out a photographic survey before the proposed refurbishment began.

Visited by RCAHMS(MKO), February 1997.

Architecture Notes

Architect: Thos. Telford (1803-21)


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions