Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Poltalloch House

Date 30 April 1990

Event ID 891146

Category Management

Type Site Management

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/891146

Large Victorian mansion built in ashlar with curvilinear gables. The front elevation features a semi-classical doorway, surmounted by a bay window and a coat-of-arms in a curvilinear gable. Lower wings, including a conservatory, sit to the sides, whilst a kitchen court sits to the rear. The stable court sits to the north east.

Formerly the seat of Malcolms of Poltalloch. Built to replace Kilmartin House. Known as Callton Mor in later 19th century. Roof removed in 1957(Historic Scotland)

People and Organisations

References