Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset


Date 9 March 2012

Event ID 887117

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Note


A single roofed building annotated Wester Aultfearn and an enclosure are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 25-inch map, surveyed in 1868 (Inverness Mainland 1881, Sheet XI.13 (Combined)). The building was abandoned by the early 20th century (Inverness Mainland 1904, Sheet XI.13).

The census of 1881 recorded the occupants as Alexander Ross and family. Ross was described as a blacksmith and a farmer of 24 acres, 15 acres of which was arable (GRO Ref v.103 ED3 p14).

Information from RCAHMS (GFG) 9 March 2012

People and Organisations