Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 740048

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes


NC61SE 5 centred 698 111


W Roy 1747-55.

Now Dail na Feusaig (OS 6-inch map, 1968). Crofting community abandoned in the 18th/19th century.

Visited by OS (JM) 12 May 1981.

Described as 'pasture land' with no mention of buildings (c.1873).

Name Book (Sutherland).

A township comprising three unroofed buildings, five enclosures and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland 1879, sheet xcvi). One unroofed building, two enclosures and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10,560 map (1968).

Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 16 November 1995.

People and Organisations