Pricing Change
New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered.
Archaeology Notes
Event ID 728447
Category Descriptive Accounts
Type Archaeology Notes
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/728447
NX86NE 7 8657 6668.
A stone circle near Kirkgunzeon manse was destroyed between 1790 and 1870. (Information from J Gillespie)
F R Coles 1895
According to Mrs J Moffat (The Shop, Kirkgunzeon), the oldest inhabitant in the village, a circle of stones c.30 ft in diameter with a small mound in the centre stood on flat ground at NX 8657 6668. Over the years successive farmers have removed the larger stones and now only the slight mound, c.4.0 m diam. x 0.3 m high, with several clearance stones on top, survives to mark the site of the stone circle.
Visited by OS (RD) 8 July 1969