Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 694179

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/694179

NR24SE 2 2975 4315

(NR 2975 4315) A standing stone of rough schist, measuring 1.9m high and 0.7m by 0.4m at base and aligned E-W (visited by RCAHMS, June 1977) was first reported by Dr Lamont in 1957 although the neighbouring names Cnoc a' Charraigh and Glac a' Charraig were collected in 1878 as 'Knoll' and "Hollow" of the Standing Stone respectively.

Name Book 1878; information from W D Lamont, 2 October 1957; M Gold 1961.

A standing stone as described.

Surveyed at 1:10 000.

Visited by OS (BS) 28 May 1978

This standing stone of rough schist is situated in featureless moorland 800m NNE of Kinnabus. It is 1.9m high am

measures 0.7m by 0.4m at the base with the longer axis aligned roughly E and W.

RCAHMS 1984, visited June 1977.

People and Organisations

References