Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 674210

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/674210

NM44SW 5 centred on 410 414

See also:

NM44SW 6 NM 406 417 Cottage: cruck-framed

Culinish. A group of ruins a short distance E of Lon Bearnach.

Name Book 1878

(NM 403 418) Several depopulated farmsteads. Name confirmed. Date of depopulation not established.

Visited by OS 13 May 1972

Cruck-slots noted.

G Stell 1981

A crofting township comprising thirty-five unroofed buildings, one of which is a long building of three compartments and two are T-shaped, ten enclosures, some field walls and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire, Island of Mull 1881, sheet lxvii). Twenty-nine unroofed buildings, fifteen enclosures, some field walls and a head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1976).

Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 17 June 1998

Sites recorded during survey for the Scottish Agricultural College, under the Historic Scotland Ancient Monument Survey Grant Scheme.

NM 418 405 Deserted settlement

NM 411 412 Deserted settlement

NM 403 418 Deserted settlement

Sponsors: Historic Scotland, Scottish Agricultural College.

T Rees 1998

People and Organisations

References