Archaeology Notes
Event ID 667597
Category Descriptive Accounts
Type Archaeology Notes
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/667597
NJ51SW 14 c. 52 11.
Cushnie, an old castle, seat of the Lumsdens in 1618, as evidenced by a coat of arms inscribed RL & ER 1618.
A Laing 1828.
No knowledge of a castle at Cushnie. It was probably replaced by Cushnie Lodge, built 1707 (NJ51SW 7).
Visited by OS (NKB) 7 October 1968.
Air photographs: AAS/89/09/S29/14-15, flown 27 July 1989.
NMRS, MS/712/51.