Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Architecture Notes

Event ID 647268

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Architecture Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/647268

EXTERNAL REFERENCE:

National Archive of Scotland.

Scott of Gala Papers. Bundle 64. John Millar, Potter to HM. Printed bill has lithograph of shop and Scott Monument, 1860.

Sources: Dean of Guild. 27.2.1814

Pet. George Hunter, merchant.

Corner house, South St Andrew Street.

To construct cellars under pavement of St A. Street.

Plan and section, unsigned.

Sources: Dean of Guild. Bundle 1815. July-December. 8.7.1813.

Pet. William Whyte, Bookseller.

No.12 South St Andrew Street, West side.

Plans and elevations, before and after encl. Signed Thomas Brown.

Sources: Dean of Guild. Bundle 1812. July-December. 8.10.1812.

Pet. James MacFarlane, chairmaker.

No.16 South St Andrews St.

Minor alterations - front room into a shop.

Plan and elevation encl. Unsigned.

William Ross, merchant tailor. 8.10.1812

South St Andrews St. East side.

Minor alterations - shop front.

Plans and elevation encl. Unsigned.

Sources: Dean of Guild 2.6.1814

Pet. George Hunter, merchant.

Corner of Princes Street and South East side, St Andrew Street.

Alterations - turning into two shops?

Plans, before and after.

Pet. George Hunter, merchant. 1814?

Corner of Princes Street and South St Andrew Street.

This is same property as 2.6.1814 and it appears that a warrant was not issued at the time.

Plan enclosed, same as previous one, with some external alterations - handrails. Unsigned.

Also Plan and elevation of building from corner, unsigned - shows lower floors only.

People and Organisations

References