Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Field Visit

Date June 1931

Event ID 1156254

Category Recording

Type Field Visit

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/1156254

Lady Kirk HY 4395 4881 HY44NW 2

The very irregularly-shaped bicameral church, situated near the centre of Pierowall village, was very heavily remodelled in the seventeenth century as confirmed by an epigraphic date of 1674. Two particularly fine graveslabs of this period are set in the interior walls of the chancel. The S wall of the nave, which is earlier than the remainder, may be of medieval date.

RCAHMS 1983, visited June 1981.

(Name Book, Orkney, No. 26, p. 99; Tudoe 1883, 374; RCAMS 1946, ii, pp. 343-4, No. 1030; OR 913).

People and Organisations

References