Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We are now accepting Search Room bookings. Click here for further information.

Desk Based Assessment

Date 22 August 2017

Event ID 1026912

Category Recording

Type Desk Based Assessment

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/1026912

4 York Street, on the corner of the Broomielaw, was home to the Missions to Seamen when photographed by Professor Hume in 1969. It is annotated ‘Mission Hall’ on the 1:1250 OS Town Plan of Glasgow (1954, NS5864NW- A) and. The 3-storey building included the Wilson Memorial Chapel, which was built in the memory of Rev. Charles Fossick Wilson (1884-1922). Bertie notes (2000, 595) that the chapel was closed in 1969 and rebuilt in St. Gabriel’s Church (NS56NW 218). Today a modern office building occupies the site.

Information from HES Survey and Recording (AMcC) 22 August 2017.

People and Organisations

References