Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

Cupar, Station Road, Station and Associated Buildings View from N showing NNE and NW fronts of N end pavilion of main station building with central part of main station building in background

SC 595555

Description Cupar, Station Road, Station and Associated Buildings View from N showing NNE and NW fronts of N end pavilion of main station building with central part of main station building in background

Date 18/7/1967

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 595555

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Cupar Station, Station Road, Cupar, Fife This railway station was built in 1847 by the Edinburgh & Northern Railway to serve the county town of Fife, and was designed, probably by David Bell, architect, on a lavish scale and in the Italianate style fashionable for railway buildings in the 1840s. This shows the north-bound platform building from the north. It is symmetrical, with pavilions, as on the left, at both ends. As can be seen these pavilions were both designed as houses for station employees. This is the finest surviving pre-1850 railway station in Scotland. The goods facilities included a granary and coal drops, both now converted into offices. The south-bound platform is reached by a three-arched overbridge with a segregated footpath for passengers. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H67/306/2D

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/595555

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 595555) Cupar, Station Road, Station and Associated Buildings View from N showing NNE and NW fronts of N end pavilion of main station building with central part of main station building in background

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions