Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Southerness Lighthouse View from NW

SC 450192

Description Southerness Lighthouse View from NW

Date 28/8/1978

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 450192

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Southerness Lighthouse, Kirkcudbrightshire This lighthouse was originally built as an unlighted land mark (beacon) for shipping wishing to enter the Nith estuary. It was converted into a lighthouse in c1795, and heightened in 1842-3. It has not been lit since 1867. This view shows the light from the shore side The lantern and gallery date from the 1842-3 modifications by Walter Newall of Dumfries. The lighthouse is now in private ownership. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/229/10

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/450192

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 450192) Southerness Lighthouse View from NW

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions