Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Clava, Nairn Viaduct over River Nairn General view from SW

SC 434936

Description Clava, Nairn Viaduct over River Nairn General view from SW

Date 5/1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 434936

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Culloden Moor Viaduct, Inverness-shire This viaduct was opened in 1897 by The Highland Railway as part of their direct line from Aviemore to Inverness. It was designed by Murdoch Paterson. This viaduct shows the viaduct from the south west. It is a 28-span masonry structure, the longest of its kind in Scotland, and is on a curve. The designer died in the station house at Culloden Moor station after inspecting work on the viaduct. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/119/6

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/434936

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 434936) Clava, Nairn Viaduct over River Nairn General view from SW

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions