Johnstone, Kilbarchan Road, Cartside Mills View from W of old and new blocks
SC 423327
Description Johnstone, Kilbarchan Road, Cartside Mills View from W of old and new blocks
Date 3/1974
Collection Papers of Professor John R Hume, economic and industrial historian, Glasgow, Scotland
Catalogue Number SC 423327
Category On-line Digital Images
Scope and Content Cartside Mills of Smith & McLaurin, Milliken Park, Renfrewshire These buildings housed machinery for coating paper with various coloured and white materials to make it suitable for printing and other purposes. This view shows on the left the original Cartside Cotton Mill of c1790 and on the right a red brick block added in the early 20th century. The Cartside Mills were built in about 1790 for cotton spinning, and was adapted for paper coating by Smith & McLaurin, who added to the original mill building. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.
External Reference H74/12/4
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/423327
File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap
Attribution: © Copyright: HES (Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume)
Licence Type: Permission Required
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]