Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Fortrose Cathedral, Cathedral Square. View of Chapter House, undercroft.

SC 398313

Description Fortrose Cathedral, Cathedral Square. View of Chapter House, undercroft.

Catalogue Number SC 398313

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 1102

Scope and Content 1930s photograph of undercroft of Chapter house, Fortrose Cathedral, Fortrose, Highland Fortrose Cathedral was built in 1236 as a replacement for a smaller structure at Rosemarkie. After the Reformation, the south aisle survived as a burial-aisle and the chapter house as a council house and school. This is the undercroft of the chapter house. At various times, this building served as a school, a council chamber and a jail. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/398313

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions