Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of the Gyles from end of Harbour wall.

SC 396592

Description View of the Gyles from end of Harbour wall.

Date 1963

Catalogue Number SC 396592

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 1463

Scope and Content South pier, Pittenweem Harbour, Pittenweem, Fife Pittenweem Harbour was begun after 1541 to replace the earlier Boat Haven as the base for an expanding fishing fleet. Its piers have been rebuilt, repaired and extended at various times because of storm damage, and to meet the changing needs of the burgh. The south pier, built in the 19th century, encloses the whole complex, creating an outer harbour. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/396592

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions