Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Front elevation

SC 388571

Description Front elevation

Collection Scottish National Buildings Record

Catalogue Number SC 388571

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 4117/22

Scope and Content View of Kirkmay House, No 7 Marketgate, Crail, Fife Crail was created a royal burgh in 1310, with a royal castle just to the east of the burgh. Fishing was the main industry in the town throughout its history, but this declined during the 19th century, and the town now relies on tourism. Kirkmay House was built in 1817 for the Inglis family. Built in a Georgian style, it has twin bows flanking the central doorway. Within each bow are three openings, the outer two blocked. It is two-storeyed with basement and an attic dormer. The arched entrance doorway is reached by a short flight of steps and is framed by a shallow porch composed of Doric columns and a decorated pediment. Above is a small balconet with plain railings. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/388571

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions