Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Station: view from west north west

SC 377604

Description Station: view from west north west

Catalogue Number SC 377604

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 5045 CN

Scope and Content Cupar Station, Cupar, Fife Cupar Station was probably built by David Bell of Edinburgh. It was opened in 1847 by Edinburgh Northern Railway Company and was on the Inverkeithing-Dundee route. The complex is regarded as a fine example of a large early station. Its design was influenced by the Renaissance architecture of either Italy or England, so that some experts describe it as 'Italianate' and others as 'Tudor' in style. Historical styles like those based on early Renaissance architecture became popular in the 19th-century because they were supposed to reflect national, rather than Classical, architectural traditions. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/377604

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions