Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Interior-detail of end portion of overhead guide-rails for sliding doors of former flying-boat hangar

SC 373829

Description Interior-detail of end portion of overhead guide-rails for sliding doors of former flying-boat hangar

Catalogue Number SC 373829

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of A 57316

Scope and Content Detail of sliding-door mechanism of F-type hangar at Stannergate, City of Dundee The F-type hangar was the third to be built at Stannergate. It was larger than the original hangars, and able to house the Curtiss H-12 and Felixstowe F2A flying-boats. A slipway led to the river which served as a runway. This shows how the outer of the four sliding doors making up the east wall (left) met the south wall, as well as parts of the all-metal frame and the asbestos tiles. The seaplane base at Stannnergate was established in World War One, being one of several east-coast bases set up by the Royal Naval Air Service for conducting reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare. Only the 1918 hangar now remains. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/373829

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions