Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from the South East. insc.'Castle of St Andrews'.

SC 371023

Description View from the South East. insc.'Castle of St Andrews'.

Catalogue Number SC 371023

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 95704 PO

Scope and Content Late 18th-century print of St Andrews Castle, Fife St Andrews Castle, the seat of the bishop of St Andrews, was destroyed during the Wars of Independence and rebuilt in its present form by Bishop Traill (1385-1401). It was besieged in 1546-7 after Protestants assassinated Cardinal Beaton. This shows the castle as it was in the late 18th century. The castle is much as it is today after the effects of the siege and quarrying for building stone. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/371023

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions