Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of First Floor window of S.W Tower (prior to rebuilding).

SC 366924

Description View of First Floor window of S.W Tower (prior to rebuilding).

Collection Scottish National Buildings Record

Catalogue Number SC 366924

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 4304/15

Scope and Content First-floor window of Culross Abbey House, Culross, Fife Culross Abbey House was built in 1608 by Lord Edward Bruce of Kilns. It was largely rebuilt as a three-storeyed mansion in 1830 by Sir Robert Preston. This was partially dismantled in 1955. The triangles or pediments over the first-floor windows alternately contain the initials LEB and DMB for the original builder and his wife Dame Magdalene Clerk. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/366924

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions