Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

View from S.W Tower looking East (prior to rebuilding)

SC 366909

Description View from S.W Tower looking East (prior to rebuilding)

Collection Scottish National Buildings Record

Catalogue Number SC 366909

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 4304/17

Scope and Content Pre-dismantling view along outside of top floor of Culross Abbey House, Culross, Fife Culross Abbey House was built in 1608 by Lord Edward Bruce of Kilns. It was largely rebuilt as a three-storeyed mansion in 1830 by Sir Robert Preston. This was partially dismantled in 1955. This is the view from the window of one of the flanking towers before the house was partially dismantled in modern times. The tower opposite has a curving ogival roof. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/366909

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions