Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

General view from South East (prior to rebuilding).

SC 366904

Description General view from South East (prior to rebuilding).

Date 1953

Collection Scottish National Buildings Record

Catalogue Number SC 366904

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 3316/3

Scope and Content Pre-dismantling view of rear facade of Culross Abbey House, Culross, Fife Culross Abbey House was built in 1608 by Lord Edward Bruce of Kilns. It was largely rebuilt as a three-storeyed mansion in 1830 by Sir Robert Preston. This was partially dismantled in 1955. The 19th-century mansion consisted of an oblong main block flanked by two four-storeyed towers with curving ogival roofs. In modern times, the top floor was converted to a garret, the towers reduced to stubs and the main block shortened. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/366904

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions