Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of exterior lancet window in North wall of Chancel

SC 359243

Description Detail of exterior lancet window in North wall of Chancel

Date 1965

Collection RCAHMS

Catalogue Number SC 359243

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AG 698

Scope and Content Exterior of lancet window in chancel of Kilbrannan Chapel, Knapdale, Argyll Kilbrannan Chapel, dedicated to St Brendan, was probably built to replace Skipness Castle's chapel in around 1300. Most of the stone was quarried nearby, but the red sandstone dressings came from Arran, just across the Sound. Only the north lancet window of the chancel remains unblocked. The external arch begins nearer the base than in the nave's lancets. The point or apex of the arch is made up of a single keystone. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference Inv. plate 29e

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/359243

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions