Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of Town House from South.

F 2723

Description View of Town House from South.

Date 1938

Catalogue Number F 2723

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 367892

Scope and Content Culross Town-house, Fife Culross Town-house was built in the early 17th century, probably replacing an early tolbooth dating from before 1588. The steeple and double forestair were added in 1783. It was probably at this time that the first-floor windows and doorway were heightened, and the 1626 datestone moved to the left-hand door on the ground floor. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.


People and Organisations


Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions