Pricing Change
New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered.
Rear view
F 2882
Description Rear view
Date 1913
Collection Brian C Clayton
Catalogue Number F 2882
Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images
Copies SC 394939
Scope and Content View of rear elevation of Scott's House, Church Street, Inverkeithing, Fife Inverkeithing was created a royal burgh in 1165, and its harbour on the Forth was well suited for trade. Many industries have come and gone here, including an ironworks, distillery, shipbuilding, shipbreaking, and papermaking. This is the rear elevation of the building known as Scott's House. It was built in the early 16th century and added to in the 17th century. It was demolished in 1913. This house displays many characteristics of the traditional vernacular houses of Inverkeithing and other Fife towns and villages, such as the crowstepped gables and pantiled roofs with lower courses of slates. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/238740
Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (B C Clayton Collection)
Licence Type: Educational
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]