Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pricing Change

New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered. 

 

Perspective sketch of Culross Market Cross and The Study.

FID 412/1

Description Perspective sketch of Culross Market Cross and The Study.

Date 9/1849

Collection Records of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland

Catalogue Number FID 412/1

Category Print Room

Copies SC 1140089, SC 368251, DP 203323, C 32722, C 39388, C 39389 CN

Scope and Content P99 of SAS 386 1849 drawing of The Cross, Culross, Fife This drawing by James Drummond shows Culross Mercat Cross, constructed around 1600, as it was in 1849, over half a century before the shaft was replaced. The open space around the mercat cross is still known as The Cross. The building with the crow-stepped gable immediately behind and to the right of the cross dates from about 1577. To its right, with the tower, is The Study, an early 17th-century building. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Medium Pencil

Accession Number 1975/12

External Reference SAS 386

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/237550

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Society of Antiquaries of Scotland Collection)

Licence Type: Permission Required

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions