Pricing Change
New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered.
Perspective sketch of Culross Market Cross and The Study.
FID 412/1
Description Perspective sketch of Culross Market Cross and The Study.
Date 9/1849
Collection Records of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland
Catalogue Number FID 412/1
Category Print Room
Copies SC 1140089, SC 368251, DP 203323, C 32722, C 39388, C 39389 CN
Scope and Content P99 of SAS 386 1849 drawing of The Cross, Culross, Fife This drawing by James Drummond shows Culross Mercat Cross, constructed around 1600, as it was in 1849, over half a century before the shaft was replaced. The open space around the mercat cross is still known as The Cross. The building with the crow-stepped gable immediately behind and to the right of the cross dates from about 1577. To its right, with the tower, is The Study, an early 17th-century building. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.
Medium Pencil
Accession Number 1975/12
External Reference SAS 386
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/237550
Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Society of Antiquaries of Scotland Collection)
Licence Type: Permission Required
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]