Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aerial view of Eilean Aigas House, near Beauly, looking N.

SC 1944555

Description Aerial view of Eilean Aigas House, near Beauly, looking N.

Date 6/8/1999

Collection Papers of James Sloan Bone, landscape historian, Inverness, Highland, Scotland

Catalogue Number SC 1944555

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Eilean Aigas House, at the centre of the photo, is on an island in the River Beauly linked to the eastern bank by a bridge. It was built in 1839 by Lord Lovat for the Sobieski Stuart brothers who claimed – frequently – to be direct descendants of Bonnie Prince Charlie. It possibly incorporates an earlier building and has subsequent additions. Subsequent to this photo a modern mansion of the same name has been built a little further E on the island. Title and Scope & Content contributed by North of Scotland Archaeological Society (2021).

Accession Number 2019/15

External Reference S0847

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1944555

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Copyright: NOSAS (James S Bone Collection). Courtesy of HES.

Licence Type: Permission Required

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions