Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kilchoman Old Parish Church. Aerial view of Church, graveyard and manse.

SC 1683082

Description Kilchoman Old Parish Church. Aerial view of Church, graveyard and manse.

Date 1977

Catalogue Number SC 1683082

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of AG 8521

Scope and Content Aerial view of Kilchoman Church, Islay There has been a parish church in Kilchoman since medieval times. Little is known of any earlier buildings on the site, though repairs are recorded in 1730 and 1789-91. The present church was built in 1825-7 after its predecessor was condemned as unsafe. The church consists of a two-storeyed rectangular main block, with a three-storeyed tower on its north gable wall. The internal layout of the church is typical of the late 19th century, with a gallery overlooking bench-pews facing the pulpit. The church is presently in a poor state of repair and has not been used for worship since 1977. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1683082

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions