Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

21 and 23 High Street. General view of facade.

SC 1642214

Description 21 and 23 High Street. General view of facade.

Date 1975 to 1976

Collection List C Survey

Catalogue Number SC 1642214

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of IN 5635

Scope and Content Number 21 to 23 High Street, Inverness, Highland Inverness expanded rapidly in the 19th century following construction of the Caledonian Canal (begun in 1804) and connection to the rail network (1855). Its main industries at that period were ship-building, iron founding and saw-milling. Number 21 to 23 High Street was built in 1878-9 to designs by Matthews and Lawrie. The royal arms are carved on the central pediment between the two turrets. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1642214

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES (List C Survey)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions