Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of 9, 10 and 11 Panha', Dysart, from E.

SC 1575589

Description View of 9, 10 and 11 Panha', Dysart, from E.

Date 10/1964

Collection Scottish National Buildings Record

Catalogue Number SC 1575589

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 974

Scope and Content Written on the back of the mounted print: ‘Shire: Fife. Place: Dysart. Building: The Shore’. Photographer: ‘J.P.’ Date: ‘Oct 1964’ Rear of Pan Ha', Dysart, Fife Dysart, on the outskirts of Kirkcaldy, was founded as a burgh of barony in 1510 and became a royal burgh in 1533. Originally relying on salt-making, the burgh became a thriving port for exporting coal and fish before declining in the 18th century. Most of the houses of Pan Ha' were built after the 17th century when the street lost its pier. Number 10, The Pilot's House (centre) was built in the 18th century as was Number 11 (corner visible to right). Number 9 (left) bears the date 1750. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference MW/BR/DYS(T)/48

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1575589

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES (Scottish National Buildings Record)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions