Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Drawing showing masons' marks from the Bishops' House at Elgin and Spynie Castle.

DP 238888

Description Drawing showing masons' marks from the Bishops' House at Elgin and Spynie Castle.

Date c. 1857 to 1861

Collection Society of Antiquaries of Scotland

Catalogue Number DP 238888

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of DC 53763/10

Scope and Content Undated ink drawing annotated 'Elgin upon various parts of the Bishops' house at Elgin, which bears the date of 1557, the Hepburn arms, & Sacred monogram, etc'. 'Spynie Castle or Palace of the Bishops of Moray. These marks are from "Davie's Tower' & are frequently repeated: The tower is believed to have been built by , or so(unclear)d from, David Stewart, who was Bishop of Moray, 1461-1475.-'

Accession Number 1975/12

External Reference SAS 194

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1532245

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Society of Antiquaries of Scotland Collection)

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions