Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Lauder, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Lauder, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Lauder Station

Canmore ID 99973

Site Number NT54NW 143

NGR NT 52349 48090

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/99973

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Lauder
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Ettrick And Lauderdale
  • Former County Berwickshire

Archaeology Notes

NT54NW 143 52349 48090

For MoD food depot (NT 5217 4816 and NT 5224 4811), see NT54NW 184.

Lauder Railway Terminus is depicted on the OS 2nd Edition map (Berwickshire, sheet XIX, 1908). It has since been demolished.

Information from RCAHMS (HMLB), March 2002.

This station was the terminus of the Lauder branch of the North British Rly. It was opened (by the Lauder Light Rly) on 2 July 1901, and closed to regular passenger traffic (with the line as a whole) on 12 September 1932.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 20 December 2005.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions