Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Crail Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Crail Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Crail Garden Centre

Canmore ID 98297

Site Number NO60NW 56

NGR NO 6092 0795

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/98297

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Crail
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO60NW 56 6092 0795

This intermediate station on the Thornton Junction - St Andrews - Leuchars Junction ('Fife coast') secondary line of the (former) North British Rly was opened on 1 September 1883 by the Anstruther and St Andrews Rly. It closed to regular passenger traffic (with the St Andrews - Leven portion of the line) on 6 September 1965.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 18 January 2001.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

Crail Railway Station was opened on 1.9.1883 and closed on 6.9.1965.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions