Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Chirnsidebridge, Chirnside Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Chirnsidebridge, Chirnside Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Chirnside Railway Station

Canmore ID 94785

Site Number NT85NE 71

NGR NT 85236 56779

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/94785

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Chirnside
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Berwickshire
  • Former County Berwickshire

Archaeology Notes

NT85NE 71 85236 56779

The former Chirnside station building is situated N of Chirnsidebridge Paper Mill (NT85NE 61.00) and adjacent to Chirnside Mill (NT85NE 69). The stationmasters house, office and station platform building survive. The station building retains a wooden-clad waiting room with a set of sliding doors and a cast-iron fire place.

The station along with the North British Railway Company railway from Reston to St Boswells, opened in 1863 and closed to passengers in September 1951 and to freight in 1965.

Information from RCAHMS (DE), November 2008

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: This is an upstanding building.

Information from Scottish Borders Council.

Sbc Note

Served Earlston, St Boswells, Reston Line.(see 104/0080).

Information from Scottish Borders Council

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions