Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Oxcars, Lighthouse

Lighthouse (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Oxcars, Lighthouse

Classification Lighthouse (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Inner Firth Of Forth; Forth Estuary

Canmore ID 93837

Site Number NT28SW 2

NGR NT 20291 81811

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/93837

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Aberdour (Dunfermline)
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Dunfermline
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NT28SW 2 20291 81811

Lighthouse [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1984.

This beacon was built by David and Thomas Stevenson and first lit on 15 February 1886. In 1894 it became the first of the Northern Lights to be automated.

K Allardyce 1998.

Activities

Construction (1886)

This beacon was built by David and Thomas Stevenson and first lit on 15 February 1886. In 1894 it became the first of the Northern Lights to be automated.

K Allardyce 1998.

Modification (1894)

In 1894 it became the first of the Northern Lights to be automated.

K Allardyce 1998.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions