Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Ackergill Links

Disc(S) (Shale), Leaf Arrowhead(S) (Flint), Ring(S) (Bronze)

Site Name Ackergill Links

Classification Disc(S) (Shale), Leaf Arrowhead(S) (Flint), Ring(S) (Bronze)

Canmore ID 9134

Site Number ND35NW 8

NGR ND 340 567

NGR Description ND c. 340 567

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/9134

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Wick
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Caithness
  • Former County Caithness

Archaeology Notes

ND35NW 8 c. 340 567

Two leaf-shaped flint arrowheads, two rings of bronze or brass wire, and two pieces of rubbed bone, from Ackergill Links (ND 340 567) were donated to the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland (NMAS) by the representatives of Sir Francis Tress-Barry.

Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1908.

Two shale discs from Ackergill Links were purchased for the NMAS. One measure 3 1/4ins in diameter and 1 1/4ins thick, and the other 3 7/8ins in diameter and 1/2ins thick. Both show tool marks.

Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1925.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions