Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We have updated our mapping software and are trying out some new background mapping layers. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.

Dunning Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Dunning Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 88658

Site Number NO01NW 81

NGR NO 0032 1638

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map


Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Forteviot
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NO01NW 81 0032 1638

For adjacent railway bridge, see NO01NW 137.

This intermediate station on the Stirling-Perth portion of the Larbert-Kinnaber Junction (main) line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Scottish Central Rly) on 22 or 23 May 1848. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 11 June 1956 but the line itself remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; J Thomas and D Turnock 1989; R V J Butt 1995.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions