Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Forgandenny Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Forgandenny Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Station House

Canmore ID 88653

Site Number NO01NE 96

NGR NO 0886 1954

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/88653

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Forgandenny
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NO01NE 96 0886 1954

This intermediate station probably opened on 23 May 1848. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 11th June 1956.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; J Thomas and D Turnock 1989.

This station is disused (although the line itself still sees traffic) but the station house remains in residential use. The platforms have been removed but the outline of the station yard (to the SW) can still be traced, a raised loading platform being prominent.

Visited by RCAHMS (RJCM, JRS), 24 November 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions